Under the General Data Protection Regulations 2018, you have certain rights. These are:
- You can see your notes. This is facilitated by making a formal request.
- Records are kept for 5 years after termination of therapy and then destroyed. - Having your records amended (change of name and address)
- In the case of clients under 18, records are kept for 5 years after the child turns 18.
- Under GDPR, you can request your data to be erased. However, there are exceptions to this.
- In the case of counselling records, insurance companies and ethical bodies ask for records to be available for the time as outlined above.
By signing a counselling contract with Tina Hoar Counselling Services, you are agreeing to having your records kept for 5 years after the termination of therapy. In the case of young people, 5 years after your 18th birthday